Specialist Teaching and Support
At Roslyn we have a number of systems and programmes in place to both support and extend our students in a whole range of areas. We have a team of skilled volunteers supported by a specialist Special Needs Teacher.
The programmes we offer include:
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
All students who don't speak English as their primary language are tested and then given support in learning English.
We run a variety of programmes for our identified Gifted and Talented students. These are all targeted to the individual students strengths and interests.
- Mathex - Mathematics Competition
- Northern Cluster Athletics and Performing Arts Festival
- Student Council/Mentors - Young Leaders Conference
- Manawatu Cross Country
- Year 7 & 8 Technology Programme (onsite)
- EPro8 Competition - Year 5/6 & Year 7/8
- Leadership Opportunities - Student Council
- Kapa Haka - Nga Tupuranga & Nga Tipuranga
- Soul Rise & Lil Rise (Pasifika Group)
- Arts Academy
- Sports Academy - Year 5/6 & Year 7/8
- Music Extension - Guitar, Keyboard, Percussion, Ukulele, Music Composition, Choir, Band
- Environmental Group - Eco Warriors
Gifted and Talented